Meet the person behind the creations!
I started CORES (colours in Portuguese) in September 2018. My passion for creating something unique comes from when I was a little girl. I always liked anything linked with arts. Drawing, dancing, painting, you name it. I grew up, life happened and I decided to study Graphic Design. When I was 13, I started a candle collection which extended to over 100 different types of candles in various shapes, colours and fragrances. Being young and silly and living in a 30 degree country, I left them on display directly in the sunlight... lets just say it was not a happy ending. I started making candles in 2018 just as a hobby and I fell in love with the science, the different applications and benefits that soy wax and essential oils provide to our health.
Soy wax is a natural vegetable type of wax, non-toxic and deliveries and cleaner burn. For example, paraffin candles are petroleum-based, and the burning of these candles produces a black soot which can stain curtains, walls, and carpets inside the home. Soy candles also release no toxins into the air, and therefore they are healthier to have around the house with children and pets, paraffin candles release at least 11 toxins when burning. Benefits of soy wax are:
- Soy wax is environmentally friendly
- Soy wax has a lower melting point causing less burning hazards
- When burning a soy wax with scent the smell is stronger
- Soy candles burn up to twice as long as paraffin candles
- Soy wax is a natural moisturizer. The melted wax can be used as cuticle oil for hands and feet, to soften dry spots like elbows and knees and lastly as a massage oil.
- Soy is rich in Vitamin E, reported benefits include help in the relief of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dry skin, cracked skin, cracked heels and rough cuticles.
I only use essential oils in all my products, these are oils that have been obtained through distillation or cold pressing and where no chemical process in applicable. Essential oils can be inhaled or diluted and applied to the skin. They may stimulate your sense of smell or have medicinal effects when absorbed. They are not meant to be swallowed.
- Graphic Design - Pass with Distinction (Portugal 2004)
- Candle Making Diploma- Pass with Distinction (UK 2018)
- Essential Oil Diploma - Pass with Merit (UK 2019)
- Advanced Aromatherapy (includes massage and body anatomy) - On going (UK 2020)
- Batch Flowers Remedies - On going (UK 2020)
Check out my products and services.